Last Updated: 06-28-2012
Eruka is so cute. The minute I saw Tadpole Jackson I knew I had to make her.
The final dress is actually the second version I made. The first was made out of ponte, and didn't hold the applique dots as well as I'd hoped.
I ended up scrapping it and re-making the dress with black sateen. The dots are all hand-traced appliques, cut out of cotton and wonder-undered on like you wouldn't believe.
The shirt was thrifted, but cut and dyed to suit the dress. The ruffles were also dyed to match the shirt.
To get the desired flare on the dress, I used boning.
All in all I adore how she turned out. Now I just have to make Tadpole Jackson!
Please log in or register to view comments.