Last Updated: 08-09-2016
A last-minute decision, but I think it turned out pretty good! Spinda is definitely one of my more comfortable costumes. It was so fun to stumble around the convention, haha!
- The ears were scissor-sculpted out of old upholstery foam cushions. I covered the pieces with fabric to hide the raw foam and to match the rest of my costume, of course!
- I used black pipe-cleaners for the swirls on the ears! The pipe-cleaners were pretty thin on their own and wouldn't appear in photos, so I twisted two together before hot-gluing them onto the ears.
- The ears were hot-glued onto a plain black headband. They don't hold very well though. I've had to re-glue them several times. I should have used a fabric headband and stitched them on. Oh well...
- The swirls on my cheeks were drawn on with water-proof eyeliner. It was difficult to wash off at the end of the day!
- The shirt and shorts were purchased at a generic clothing store in the area. The shirt was several sizes too big, but the color was perfect, so I took in the sides to make it fit!
- The long arm-warmers started out as pajama pants! I split them in two, took in the sides, and added a knitted elastic to the top to keep them up.
- I did the same thing for the leg-warmers, only they started out as one really big shirt, haha!
- I cut out a simple circle from a cereal box, covered it in fabric, and hot-glued it to one of the leg-warmers as a spot! Unfortunately, it's the only spot I have!
If you have any questions about this costume, feel free to PM me. Thanks for looking!
* BIG THANKS TO CALIBANCREATION AND TOM SAVAGE FOR THE PHOTOGRAPHY *
Please log in or register to view comments.