My Hat and boots were my most favorite/difficult things to make.
Hat: I used a top hat (from halloween store) as a base, and cut the brim off. I free-handed a pattern to make the squared spiral of the hat, filled it with stuffing and also wire to help hold the shape. I also made a new brim, with wires holding it up and outward.
***UPDATE*** The original brim that I made turned out to be very flimsy, and looked all around sloppy. I changed it and made it with interfacing and a little bit of wire, and now it is perfect <3
Wig: Bought on Ebay, it was an extra long wig, so I had to trim it. I also had to cut the bangs. I used wire and clear glue to make the "swirls" in the hair.
Broach: Made of silver baking clay, and I glued it to a pin back.
Dress: I took a turtle neck tank top pattern and sewed it to a skirt pattern. The black and white triangles I made a pattern to make sure they would be even. The white part was sewn on to the underside of the black so it would be seamless on top.
Boots: This was the most fun I had being creative. I converted knee-high boots into functional thigh-high boots. Using wire and foam, I created the "hook" portion of the toe on the boots. I had the wire "trace" the outline of the boot to make it "seamless." Since I bought pleather to make the boot cover it was a little flimsy, and my friend told me to use interfacing which worked wonderfully. I sewed the interfacing to the top part of the boot, cut a deep and wide "V" in the back of both boot interfacing, so I could bend my knees. I took out the original zipper on the knee high boot, and put a longer zipper on the thigh-high cover. Originally I was concerned about how I would cover the "hooks" but I tried to use one covering and it worked perfectly!
"Most Accurate" from Almacon 2012