Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Last Updated: 02-28-2012
I've always loved Lyon. Even when I beat the game and found out his true intentions. There's just something about him that I couldn't quite come to hate. After playing both Ephraim and Eirika's side, I really couldn't come to hate him. In fact, it was quite the opposite. I came to LOVE Lyon as a character and to express my love, I decided to make him :D.
Since there aren't that many arts of Lyon, I was very limited to reference and design for this character, so my creativity and imaginations were called for. Though it really isn't that much, I pulled some of his design/colors from the game sprite, battle sprite and his official artwork which had him covered in his cloak from waist down.
The cape was created from drawing a half-circle on a large piece of fabric. About 4-5 ft to be precise and it was about 58 inch in length. I had to cut off quite a few inches since the bias tape added about half an inch lol. About a good 5 inches were chopped off from the front so it didn't over-lap each other when I was just standing.
Tunic was patterned from a vogue jacket combined with a dress pattern XD. The top part was the jacket, from the waist down was the dress. Front panel was just a large square that I sewed on and hid the zipper which held the jacket tunic thing together. Wasn't that difficult to put together in all honesty, but it was loads of fun.
Last but not least..the shoulder pads...I made a prototype a few months back and then as the date came closer, I realized I had no way to move in them whatsoever. So it called for tearing that junk up and remaking them from scratch. This one is made from poster boards, foam craft, tissue paper and a helluva lot of layers of mod-podge. I drew out a pattern with newspaper and then traced it on some poster boards. From there I hot glue'd pieces of foam craft and curled it into shape while the hot glue was still hot. Once that was done, tore pieces of tissue paper and covered the armor all together. From there on, it was just layers of mod podge to get rid of the un-even bumps and hiding the cracks.
Oh! I also completely forgot the head band tiara thing. Nothing too difficult, hand braided three golden strings I had and then weaved a glass bead I found at Jo-anns in the middle. The closing is just a necklace closure.
Please log in or register to view comments.