This was a nightmare of a costume as cotton Velveteen is hard to find.
I has planned to finish him in the summer of 2010 but the laundromat killed the first 7 yards of the velveteen. I further ruined another 6 yards of the stuff when I cut on the wrong grain. >_< I went to three different city to find this shade of velveteen and the last one I check was on own to finish this jacket was in my city.
The grain runs horizontally instead of vertically as the width of the bolt was way to small and the grand run the 42" width instead of the length. It's why when I cut it the second batch of fabric I had the grain reversing every panel which looks so wrong. >_<
Wig is a Magnum Long from Arda wigs that a removed the lower portion of and replace with a long clip on ponytail for the braid. Shade in Light Blonde. I ruined 3 of the clip-ons as I tryed to harvest the wefts from it. The final one I literally removed the hair clip and sew the whole thing onto the base wig.
The white trim I look for something you would see used in that time period/style rather then do the loops as I felt that Jun Mochizuki was trying to capture lace without having to draw it ALL the TIME.
The white panels is a 100% cotton brocade I pick out for my Kongiku costume. I just had enough left to use on the exposed and inside panel.
The gold trim is 7/8 Gimp Cord.
All hand sew down and the edge of the collar sew together between the edge loops on the gimp to create a finished edge.
The coat was almost all hand sew except the initial body shape.
The earring and hair tie are made from a custom mix Fimo to match the purple shade seen in the anime.
The things I made from scratch were the spats, coat, jabot and earring and hair tie.
The break down of time (over the years) it took about a month to make the jacket but it should take about 4 whole day to do it without interruptions from drafting to finish.
None, but lots of hugs for being Jack.
My presentation with OZ: