Last Updated: 03-09-2012
Feel free to ask any questions about the costume!
& NO, I COULDN'T SEE OUT OF MY MASK. X'DDD
Well, I could - but to a certain extent. Like, the light would hit my mask, and THEN I'd be blinded by the reflection. I used cotton (what an idiot, I know), like the kind that undies are usually made of.
Finally - this is the only cosplay that I've finished without rushing until the very last second, no day-before-the convention stresses for once. I tried to finish it at least with a week of anticipation. So many lessons learned! Tried to use fiberglass for the first time, and although it was a miserable attempt and my boots were ruined in the process - well, now I know!
Things I made/modified;
Everything either sewed or hotglued. :3
-Mask - foamie painted with acrylic and sealed with a clear acrylic spray. White cotton blend fabric.
-Shirt - cut off sleeves from a green shirt I didn't like, attatched them to the red shirt found at Salvation Army, and the 3 lines & 'R' symbol all foamie (on same black fabric from my cape) and painted with yellow acrylic.
-Gloves - same green fabric from the sleeves. I used plastic from a soda bottle for the shape at the ends.
- Cape - THE HORROR! Black 4-way stretch PVC from MJtrends (that had been poorly stored by me) and yellow spandex & something else. Zipper on back.
- Wig - This was just a substitute wig! Day before the convention, realized the real one was left at a friends house. /facepalm X'D
- Boots - Base boots from Sal. Army, and foamies covered with gray fabric. Googly eyes spray-painted silver for buttons. :D
- Belt - Foamies, cut out and hotglued on to the main strip of foamie, then hot glued with same yellow stretchy fabric used for cape. Black circle, out of foamie painted with black acrylic and sealed.
GEORGE PEREZ SIGNED IT, TOO <3
- Collapsible Bo Staff - Not done yet!
& Melissa (BB) made the tights. Love youuuu.
Binding was terrible on my first run, so I picked up a few tricks on how to better it! ^^;
I'd like to have a proper photoshoot to showcase all the love labor that was this cosplay. <33
ANY TITANS THAT WANT TO HAVE A GROUP PHOTOSHOOT, 'lemme know!
Please log in or register to view comments.