Last Updated: 02-11-2013
A Scottish princess with HUGE red hair? How could I possibly resist?! This is actually a fairly simple costume, it's just super time consuming with all of these long seams o.0
UPDATE: 3/15/13: I swear, this costume NEVER ENDS!
[x] Belt: Ordered a GORGEOUS parks accurate belt from etsy, and I can hardly wait to receive it!~
[x]Sleeve "puffs": I finally figured out how to puff 'em out like at Disneyland. Let's just say it's not remotely historically accurate as it entails poly-fill XD Looks awesome and cartoony, though!
Adding some "upgrades!" (aka: adding elements from the Disney Parks dress)
[x]Waist sash: ordered the plaid fabric via spoonflower, and sewed up!~
[x]Belt: made a "stand-in" belt with suede and iron-on transfers for the Celtic Knots.
[x]Waist brooch: made with a plastic tupperware lid (lol) as a base, the bears are made from treated craft foam, and 100% hand-painted.
[x]Dress Trim: ordered the fabric from spoonflower, and ended up using a 7 yard length of the 12" design to go around the entire skirt 0.o Both the top and bottom are trimmed with a total of 14 yards of gold braid trim.
**Update 5/17/12: I modified the pattern and took in the side seams for a much more accurate fit and flare at the waist ;)
[x]Cape: Wool Suiting, and I fully lined the hood with matching green fabric from the dress.
[x]Brooch: Good thing I waited to make the brooch! With the release of the doll, I finally have a reference!~
[x]Dress: a slightly loose-weave dark hunter green poly-cotton suiting. Not remotely period accurate, but it looks awesome and drapes beautifully :) I also modified the bottom a bit, making the front shorter with only a very small train, for easier walking around convention centers.
[x]Sleeves: matching suiting with a cream-colored crinkle linen for the "puffs."
[x]Collar: matching crinkle linen. The ruffles are hand-gathered.
[x]Quiver Belt: I completely re-made the belt with faux tan suede and interfacing.
[x]Quiver: Faux suede with heavy craft interfacing. The Celtic knot design was done by hand with prisma ink.
[x]Bracer: I kind of created my own bracer based upon the sparse images available. Made with veg tan leather, tooled lines, and lacing.
[x]Arrows: dowels with fletching. I don't plan on adding the arrowheads due to convention security :P
[x]Bow: I created the pattern, my Dad carved it, and then I added all of the details. I vastly simplified the designs, but tried to stay as true as possible :) I also added some tan feathers and bead-work for decoration.
[x]Boots: I received a pair of ankle boots as a gift for this costume--they're perfect, but in black instead of brown. (But since they were a gift, I'll wear 'em irregardless :D)
[x]Wig: I originally had to go with a darker color due to the lighter gingers making me look SUPER pale, but I finally found an orangey ginger that looks natural, AND doesn't wipe me out! New wig will be worn with my complete costume at the movie premiere!
Please log in or register to view comments.