Last Updated: 03-17-2012
This was a team effort between me, my mother, and my great aunt. My great aunt made the cape and the skirt (which you can't see here), I did the majority of the top mantle, as well as the discs, while my mother biased the mantle for me.
The cape was a simple circle pattern. The mantle is made from craft foam. I had to hot glue the pieces together, bend it to shape, cover it in fabric, give it another fabric backing... all that jazz. My mother biased it for me while I went to work - bless her. The dics are made from styrofoam, which I covered in paper mache and Crayola Model Magic. When it was dried, I gave it a layer of gesso and then sealed it. The mantle is held onto the cape with velcro, and the discs are held onto the cape with velcro as well. It's super difficult to take off, so for the most part I keep it one piece. ^^;
Please log in or register to view comments.