It was important to me to have this costume be more period than not. That meant I would need to make a functioning underdress and separate overdress, follow certain patterning guidelines, and use period fabrics.
I made the whole dress in a 48 hour period; two years later, I went back and added detail work (whipstitching along the edges, a new hem, handsewn eyelets, and the neckline details). I modified the concept of a t-tunic and a kirtle to make this dress. The underdress is made from an off-white gauze while the overdress is made from teal linen.
Second place in CollectorMania: Glasgow's Masquerade