Last Updated: 01-10-2007
This is my sixth costume that I have made, and let me tell you it was definitely a learning experience. I tried many new techniques that I have learned about, and applied many of them to this costume. I have to say that this is one my favorite costume to date. All the time I took to add little details (like 50 eyelets for closures) I think really make this costume better.
For the tunic, I used a cotton gauze like material and used a heavily modified pattern. The gauntlets, arm bands, shoe, belt, and bra, were made using patterns I made. The bra was purchased for $4 and then painted and covered to make what you see today.
The armor was of craft foam and was tedious as I had to do a little bit and let the pain/sealant/glue dry. It took a while but paid off in the end. I think the armor turned out rather well.
My most prized part of this costume is the sword a shield. While I did use the sword and shield for my Cassandra before this was finished, they were made with this costume in mind from the beginning. It is nice to see them with this costume. The sword is made using featherwieght's tutorial which can be found here in the forums. The shield was of my own design and I used Styrofoam, paper mache, modeling paste, and a very large cake pan.
Please log in or register to view comments.