Clint 'Hawkeye' Barton

2012 film Battle suit

The Avengers

Last Updated: 02-06-2013


A friend of mine set up a Marvel group for Amecon 2012 that quickly turned into an 'Avengers' group after everyone had seen the film. I decided on Hawkeye as I liked the character and I'm an archer (except I'm right handed and Jeremy Renner is left XD). Most of the other characters had been chosen and I didn't think I would suit too many of the other characters.

In the run up to the event my home got sold by the landlady which changed a lot of my costume plans. This became my main costume. The house move didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped so this was rushed together in four days.

The wig - This was a wig a brought years a go for another costume. It was a very expensive purchase at the time so I kept it even after selling up the old costume it was meant for. It was a good colour match but it was curly. So I reset it using the boiling water technique. I then cut and styled it using Got2BGlued styling wax.

Bow - this has got to be one of the fastest prop builds I have ever done. This was scratch built in two hours. The bow was cut from a sheet of Sintra in three sections. The main body and the two limbs. The main body was cut, sanded and shaped using a heat gun. The limbs were also cut, sanded and shaped. The three sections were glued together using a hot glue gun and then Milliputt moulding putty was used to add the details. An old perform bottle was used for the laser site. The whole thing was then sprayed with acrylic paint and varnish.

The Quiver - Made from mounting board/form board. All the sections were cut out and then slightly dampened to carefully shape. They were glued together using hot glue and then when dry spray painted and varnished.

Arrows - were scratch built using sections of wooden dowling, feathers and rolled up balls of papier maché. The feathers were cut into flights and then carefully glued to the wood shafts. The ends of the shafts were sanded and then the paper balls were added to the ends to make sure that they were con safe.

The hand grip and arm guard - these were very quickly made out of spare suede and leather.

The tops - I made two tops. Both of which I made the patterns for. A plain black one for the underneath (I ran out of time to put the piping on) and then the main top. All the sections where carefully patterned and made from leatherette. In my hast I forgot to adjust the pattern to my long body so it ended up being miles too short.

The pants - made from a pattern I designed. I added all the buckles which were cut from Sintra. I spray painted those.

The boots - where ones I had from my Spike costume (from Buffy).

Considering that I had rush built it in four days I am pleased with how it turned out. It wasn't the best fit so it was uncomfortable to wear. I will be remaking this hopefully next year.

Comments: 2


Please log in or register to view comments.

Sephirayne

United Kingdom



Stats

Character Clint 'Hawkeye' Barton
Series
Costume Views 599
Favorites 0
Comments 2
Upload Date 10-21-2012
Debuted Aug 2012

Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.