Rikku (Version 2)

Final Fantasy X-2

Last Updated: 01-23-2013

Entirely redone, and currently undergoing more updates.
Most of this is just copy and pasted from my old description with some changes.

Everything in this costume has been revamped in some way. My first attempt at this costume was in 2009, used in January 2010-2012, with many updates here and there. Time for a complete makeover before I'm off to college.

Currently being re-done:

Originally two Hannah Montana wigs from walmart (haha) put together, i used foam beads and painted them the appropriate colors. Now, this wig from shop.cosplay and made the beads out of wood. the headband was blue cotton spandex fabric, gradiented with the same method as the scarf.
*Taken apart again, more details added later.

+Pockets + Belt
A yellow belt was from a store nearby. The pockets were made with the same vinyl/pleather material as the belt around my neck for the top, except in a cream color. I then took the material from the original tankini that i cut off and put the fabric on it using glue.
*Belt is now a bright yellow belt i happened to stumble upon at a local store that recently went out-of-business.
*Pockets are undergoing remake

It was a bright yellow tankiki until i got my hands on it, making it a bright yellow, orange-trimmed bikini top! The black belt around the top is the same pleather/vinyl used in my Yuffie cosplay. The metal belt peices are something i salvaged off of a pair of kapris.
*Top is undergoing remake, black "belt" is a strip of double-sided vinal purchased from JoAnn's, cut to fit.

+Arm warmers
Remade and actually sew properly so they don't fray everywhere anymore, made from white cotton fabric
*Currently undergoing remake

From here on down is things that aren't going to be updated or have already been changed.

Previously a green knee-length skirt my mom didn't want, so i shortened it and took the pockets off of it, making it a plain green miniskit.
*Now, made from scratch, using a spandex dark-green fabric, eyelets, and ribbon, it's now very form-fitting, comfortable, more accurate, and more flattering to the eye. I had lost quite a bit of weight and got more in-shape, so the old skirt practically falls off now. It was due for a remake anyway.

Knit by yours truely in 2 days timing, its a 9 foot scarf made of 100% cotton thread, and gradient-dyed by using a spray bottle and lots of patience.

(I really never wear these at all)
Dark brown gloves i found lying around the house, and just cut the fingers off.

Made with patience and perseverance, i used white feathers and took 4 different orange/yellow markers/highlighters and made them into a gradient color like the scarf, and attached them to earring hooks.

Before i begin explaining the boots, keep this in mind;
That is all. This is a mistake i researched all over the internet about. Everyone just said to use acrylic paint with textile medium. I didn't know what i was doing wrong, but THIS DID NOT WORK FOR ME. No matter what, the paint chipped away and i finally gave up and just used regular fabric paint. Know what? It works 10x better and i didn't have to make as many coats of the same color.
Rain boots, originally purple. I cut off the top of them since there were belts on it, and it ended up being just the right length i needed. I then traced the triangle i needed cut out on the front, and did so. I took the part i cut out and lowered it some. I attached some random fabric on the inside using hot glue and fabric adhesive to make sure it stayed.
After trial and error with painting with acrylic paint mixed with textile medium like many people said to do, it kept chipping away no matter what. I finally just took rubbing alcohol and scrubbed the layers and layers of acrylic paint off. It was a two day job and i was covered with a cloudy blue color after it all but it was worth redoing. It doesn't chip AT ALL now and I'm proud of them

Paint used:
Pebeo Setacolor Opaque Black(19)
Pebeo Setacolor Opaque White(10)
Pebeo Setacolor Opaque Cornflower(57)

Note;; Because i cut the boots at the top, they scratched up my legs the entire weekend and left me with raw hurting legs afterwards. I solved this already by attaching a soft silky black ribbon around the inside edge. You can't see it from the outside, and the part that was scratching me up was the inside edge i suspect from painting/gluing mistakes on the triangle, and that since i cut the boot which wasn't meant to be cut shorter, made it a bit rough. The problem's been solved by the ribbon.

If there are any questions about anything pertaining this costume, feel free to email me! (:

Comments: 1

Please log in or register to view comments.


United States


Character Rikku (Version 2)
Costume Views 823
Favorites 0
Comments 1
Upload Date 01-22-2013
Debuted 2012
Retired --

More costumes by Reginalovexox

< Previous
Next >

Yami Yugi
Rikku (Version 2)
Serah Farron (XIII)
Rikku (Theif)
Yuffie Kisaragi

Copyright 2002-2018 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.