Amaimon

Ao no Exorcist

Last Updated: 06-10-2014


Costume construction:
The coat and the pants were made from the same fabric, using patterns found on magazines that resembled the basic shape I wanted them to have and then modified for better fitting and shape. For the coat and rolled up part of the sleeves, the collar has very thick interfacing on both sides to it actually stands up and give that crazy shape (not seen in this picture, but on others). The skull buttons were bought on etsy. The tearing on the bottom was done by sketching on the coat once it was ready and then cutting it with a soldering tool (thank you Yaya Han for posting that technique!!) and simply cut and burnt with a kitchen torch. The diamond pattern on the pants was hand painted with fabric paint, using templates made from masking tape. The same fabric paint was used for the ocre stripes on the tie (they were originally green)

For the gloves and socks/thighs I bought two pairs of white dancing thighs (they have thicker material than regular nylon thighs) and dyed them green (so they would be the same color), then used one of the pairs to make the gloves by sewing around my hand and then cutting off irregularly the fingers. Twinzik have a great tutorial/thingy on how to make this

The belt was done with the same fabric of the vest by creating a cover for a cheap, plain pvc belt. The belt buckle is store bought, then spray painted gold and texturized with model paint.

The boots were a much bigger pain in the arse than expected, but worth it. Since I didn't want them to be extremely pointy, just found some that had the right heel and toe shape, had them cut (they were too long) and painted them black (they were more blue-ish than black). The bones and crossbones were made out of worbla (two identical pieces with a smaller piece of craft foam in between), coated with gesso, sanded, primed gray, then spray painted gold and texturized with brown and black model paint. Making them stay on the boots was the real pain, since the bottom ones kept falling off after a few hours of walking with them. In the end I used some spare worbla parts to add thread to the pieces and sewed them (and glued them!) on the boots. The higher parts were glued with Lock-tite adhesive (warning here: if you plan on using this adhesive, do yourself a favor and glue them on BEFORE painting them.. I ended up having to mask the boots and repaint all the details because this fancy glue has chemicals that dissolve and smear all the paint). Boot progress photoset

The crossbones for the coat and vest were also made with worbla. The shirt stripes where hand painted using painter's tape.

Behemoth was built using a beach ball, expanding foam, paper mache and lots and lots of wood glue.

Ears by Aradani
Custom demon fangs by Macabre

Comments: 0


Please log in or register to view comments.

Stats

Character Amaimon
Series
Costume Views 307
Favorites 1
Comments 0
Upload Date 05-01-2013
Debuted March 2013

More costumes by PsychopathBunny

< Previous
Next >

Helios
Arrietty
Princess Bubblegum
Undertaker
Amaimon
Undertaker

Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.