Most of this costume is made of out cotton stretch sateen, my favorite fabric! The main coral pink dress fabric was dyed by me. The most complicated parts were the tutu underneath for verticality (which I made like a real pancake tutu) and the custom edging. The tutu took quite awhile to make and has 10 layers of tulle, a cotton basque, and real hooping. For the edging I used a scallop stich on my machine and rotated it to get the arcs. This is everywhere: the sleeves, neckline, petticoat, tutu layers, gloves, tights, even the bloomers! I made everything myself EXCEPT for the base shoes, Clow wand, and Kero-Chan.
For more construction notes check out my blog post about it! http://lyddidesign.com/blog/cardcaptor-sakura-cosplay-progress/
Please visit my FaceBook page if you want to see updates on my latest creations! https://www.facebook.com/LyddiDesignCostumes
Best Master at Seishuncon 2013