Everything was made from scratch, pretty much, with the help of Jenny Barclay.
edit: I get so many emails about how this costume is made. First off, I want to say that Jenny made as much of this costume as I did, and we couldn't have made our costumes without each others help, since it was a large undertaking!
Our method for making the wings is very unconventional, and probably will be difficult to duplicate for most, and MUST be done with a minimum of 2 people helping. However, this is how it was made:
The wings were made with a lightweight wire frame, covered in thin muslin fabric. We purchased a large drum of medical grade latex, usually used for making prosthetic limbs. We poured it into a kiddy-pool, and dipped the wings in, hanging them to dry. When dry, they were airbrushed the right colors.
The bodysuits were all made from Kwik-sew patterns for a thong dance leotard, out of a 1-way stretch pleather, altered for our respective patterns. I bought a thick, foam bra from Wal-Mart and cut it into Morrigan's bra shape and spray-mounted and sewed the suit over it, on the chest section. The suit side-zips to account for the front shape and wings in back. Under the bodysuit is a small waist fully-boned corset we made out of duck canvas. Likewise, the corset laces up the side.There are 2 casings in the back, and the wing frames slip into them, and we pull the bodysuit up and over it to conceal it.
To get super big "Morrigan" cleavage, the bra I mentioned was thickly padded, and large padded inserts should be put under breasts, to give the best cleavage.
The headpiece was made like the wings.
The tights & gloves were airbrushed with a bat stencil and dyed the correct color with RIT dye.
The shoes were cut + hemmed the right shape.
The wig was bought from Cyperous.net
hope this helps people, please read this before emailing me with questions! =)
Best in show/1st place advanced--Animazement 2006