Last Updated: 09-17-2010
I had both Samantha and Felicity as a kid, and I've wanted to make Felicity's ballroom dress for ages. Unlike my Samantha dress, I wanted to make my own since I don't like the "official" version which was sold for a time, and I didn't think the child's design would fit me well anyway, given the Colonial style more form-fitting than the Victorian poofyness. When the theme for this year's cosplay tea party was announced as Marie Antoinette/Revolutionary style, it was the perfect excuse to make it.
This dress came down to the wire; I made it in four days and it is completely hand sewn using a modified Simplicity Colonial pattern. I love the fabric - I brought Felicity's dress (yes, I still have all the doll stuff) to the fabric store with me and found a color and texture which was a perfect match. I was pretty happy with how it came out, although it still needs a bit of finishing.
Icon pic by the lovely Animechicky.
Please log in or register to view comments.