What got you into cosplay?
My coworkers... damn them!!1
What was your first costume and why?
Billy Coen - Resident Evil Zero
Why? I never cosplayed, and thought it was silly. So I was like ''AH! I'll do something EASY AND LAZY. So I looked up people and I found this one dude, Billy Coen, that seemed to be having the kind of clothes that can be found anywhere AND he sorta looked like me. Not to mention my coworker's mad skills would be used to paint his tattoo. ''SOLD! I'll be Billy Coen for that... one con... in Toronto... the one downtown... totally forgot its name''.
What is your favorite costume and why?
Dr. McNinja - The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
Even tho personally I'm more of a cross between McNinja Senior and Dr. McNinja, I have no trouble cosplaying (and roleplaying) the Dr and I love doing it too (didn't expect that many people to recognize me at AnimeNorth 2007)
Do you have a dream costume you'd like to make?
Shen Woo - The King of Fighters 2003/XI/XII/XIII
Probably keep on improving him forever. yup.
What has been your most memorable cosplay experience?
Walking in the halls of that one hotel on the Moonlight Masquerade of AN '07 as ''Formal'' Dr. McNinja. And then totally having this conversation with this hot girl outside the lobby. Her only flaw? She smoked. Ah, what a sin*...
*not really, but ya know, if I had to choose smoking vs not, I'd go with NOT. Cheaper, and cooler. I'll enjoy my week-worth of vacation to Cuba a year in money saved anyway, thanks... and then die in a plane crash maybe? Who knows! Life's funny like that sometimes.
Do you participate in masquerades?
Only if I'd be forced into. Or if I happen to have formal wear at hand (i.e.: whenever I cosplay the doctor)
What was your best masquerade experience?
I don't have one. AN '07 sucked for me on that part. Mainly because, thx to my friend's advice, arriving ''fashionably early'' over an hour and a half late resulted in us not only being no longer able to take part in king or prince of the masquerade, but also ended up waiting the rest of the ball in line to get our formal pics done. Well, at least THAT was worth it (good job on the pics guys, btw. I loved it)
Have you won any awards for your costumes?
Yes. Money and wine! Cool, uh?
Tell us a little about yourself
- I'm not in school anymore, tho my job FEELS like I was in kindergarden from times to times... no really I don't hate my job. It's chill.
- I like swords.
- Disregard the previous statement, I prefer Hand2Hand.
- I actually kinda like swords, but really, not THAT much.
- I'm a bit of a gamer, but like to stay active monkeying around and all, but at the same time, I can train on my own, tiny room... and other times I just feel like I'm idled and end up thinking to myself ''where's this all going?'' but than I snap out of it and chill with some friends, play some intense games, travel to some cool countries (already been to Cuba, France, Spain, the US of A, the other end of Canada, and China!).
- I'm not really into cosplay as much as I may sound I am; I'm just fascinated more about how badass some people out there can be when it comes to cosplay.
- Actually I'm more into the idea of doing a cosplay that may require lil skill, but if necessary, more money to get it done right just so I can end up being BETTER than the original. Just for fun. Not that I'd say it ever happened but I'd like to achieve that some day.
Is there anything else you'd like to add?
O yeah, I don't like cats much. In fact, I ONLY like other people's cats. I don't have to feed them, take care of them, be mad because they'd piss in my boots , vomit on my bed or shit at random spots in my house and I don't lose precious sleep at night because of them. But honestly, I LOVE other people's cats. And science. Yes. It can be an interesting mix if I'm left alone in a room with a cat and... science... GO SCIENCE!
My favorite anime
I dunno... Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?
My favorite game(s)
I dunno... Progress Quest?
My favorite book(s)
robot dreams by Isaac Asimov
My favorite character(s)
I dunno... President John Henry Eden from Fallout 3?
My favorite movies(s)
I dunno... Who Framed Roger Rabbit??
My favorite actors/actresses
I dunno... Leonardo DiCaprio/Linda Hamilton?