What got you into cosplay?
Just shows and animes I was watching, I suppose. I wanted to dress up, but I thought that you could only do it for Halloween. But then I discovered cons...
What was your first costume and why?
The first time I ever "cosplayed" was when I dressed as Terra from Teen Titans for Halloween in middle school. I pulled the entire outfit together myself instead of buying a costume. The following year I was Suisei Seki from Rozen Maiden.
What is your favorite costume and why?
I really love my Steampunk Princess Bubblegum cosplay because a lot of effot went into it. Mirienka was in charge of the sewing parts of the cosplay while I took charge of making our props. I was very proud of how my wig came out and wearing the lovely corset Mirienka was absolutely wonderful! We also had the honor of getting our pictures taken by Cosmode and Cosplay in America with these cosplays!
My Stocking cosplay is a favorite because I got to debut it with Mirienka's corresponding Panty cosplay and people really seemed to like them!
I also love our Lost Memory Gakupo and Kaito cosplays because we worked so hard on making the guitars for them.
Do you have a dream costume you'd like to make?
YES. So many!
There's Maylene from Black Butler.
From Pokemon I'd enjoy Domino, Duplica, Officer Jenny, and Nurse Joy.
I would also like to do Masakaki from [C]: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control.
From Adventure Time, I'd love to make a Lumpy Space Princess cosplay or the Huntress Wizard!
From League of Legends, Diana, Safecracker Evelynn, Nami, Debonair Vi, Royal Guard Fiora, and Snowstorm Sivir.
I'm also interested in Anthea from Under the Dog.
What has been your most memorable cosplay experience?
I have a few actually:
1. So Anime Expo 2010, I dress as Denmark from Axis Powers: Hetalia along with my three other friends, one is dressed as Sweden, the other Finland, and the last not cosplaying. We're walking through the dealer's and I get separated from them by a crowd of people. Just as I'm about to catch up to them. I hear someone behind me scream at the top of their lungs "DENMARK!" I stop and turn around to see a group of girls running towards me. One of them instantaneously hugged me and began squealing. The other explained how the first girl swore she would "glomp" the first Denmark she saw. I was that Denmark. It was a little strange, but the experience made my entire day.
2. The second experience took place at the Hetalia gathering of Anime Expo 2011. I was dressed as Greece. I had a hidden addition to my cosplay, though. I had made a pair Greek flag boxers. So when it came time for the GreecexJapan shot at the gathering I promptly stood before the crowd beside the Japan and pulled my military pants down, revealing the boxers. The crowds reaction was fantastic and I still remember a certain Prussia screaming "PRUSSIA APPROVES!"
3. At AX 2012, Mirienka and I attended as Waitress!Stocking and Waitress!Panty on the first day. Throughout the entire con we could barely takes three steps without someone stopping us for a picture and suddenly a swarm of cameras would appear and we would be standing there for a few minutes. It was an amazing experience because this kind of attention had never happened to us before and we were so honored to have so many people take the time to take a photo of us.
4. At AX 2012, Mirienka and I also participate in an Ask a Pony Panel. She as Derpy Hooves / Ditzy Doo and I as Doctor Whooves / Time Turner. It was so much fun meeting the other cosplayers involved with the panel and even though AX had forgotten to put our panel in their schedule-magazine, we still managed to receive an audience of over 100 people! It was exciting to act as Doctor Whooves and answer the questions given to me.
5. At Anime Conji 2013, Mirienka and I were not expecting much on Day 2. We'd driven eight hours down to San Diego to be another Ask the Ponies Panel on Day 1 and had decided to debut our unfinished Steampunk Adventure Time cosplays for Day 2. We were absolutely shocked and honored when three women from Cosmode asked to take our pictures! They were very sweet asked so many questions on how we made our cosplays. We know our cosplays
Tell us a little about yourself
I go to school in San Francisco and live with my best Mirienka. Besides cosplay, I like to draw, read, tumble on tumblr, and some other stuff I can't think of right now.
My favorite anime
Black Butler, Pokemon, Defense Devil, Maid-Sama, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Rozen Maiden, Fruits Basket, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Not an anime, but still notable), Adventure Time (also not an anime, but notable) and Soul Eater
My favorite game(s)
Portal, Portal 2, Fable II, Harvest Moon, Sims, Pokemon, Minecraft, Skyrim,
My favorite book(s)
The Hunger Games, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Devil's Teeth, Paper Towns, Perks of Being a Wallflower,
My favorite character(s)
Pikachu (Pokemon (hurrdurr)), Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt), Brief (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt), Pinkie Pie (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), Rarity (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), Maylene (Black Butler), Snake (Black Butler), Lumpy Space Princess (Adventure Time), Ice King (Adventure Time)
My favorite movies(s)
How to Train Your Dragon, Tangled, Juno, Ice Age, Brave, Inception, Moulin Rouge, Perks of Being a Wallflower,
My favorite actors/actresses
Ellen Paige, Jennifer Lawrence, Ed Helms, Neil Patrick Harris, Gerard Butler, Charlie Day, Logan Lerman, and Ginnifer Goodwin.