What got you into cosplay?
I always admired others who cosplayed. Since i was a child i have loved to dress up, but as i got older there was no reason to dress up. Cosplaying gives me a reason to sew awesome costumes!
What was your first costume and why?
My first cosplay was my Alice dress. Alice is my all time favourite character. From books, movies, art, games - you name it! i just love everything to do with her world!
What is your favorite costume and why?
out of the few i have made so far. my arwen dress. it came together so smoothly.
Do you have a dream costume you'd like to make?
Elizabeth Swan from Pirates of the Caribbean. Her outfit in the third movie with the armour, and embroidery. (swoon)
Tell us a little about yourself
I have been a professional pet groomer since 2009. my grooming salon is called 'My Diva Dog'. On the side i love to make art. Paintings, drawings, and art dolls. I also sew. which is how i came to love making art dolls in fancy costumes...which came to cosplay!
Is there anything else you'd like to add?
my pets (so far)
Misty - Yorkshire Terrier
- the love of my life, she is 7 years old (as of 2013) and my first dog.
Tinker Bell - kitty cat
- 6 year old dilute calico. technically my sister's cat, but my dog and the cat are BFF's so i consider her mine.
Pine-Sap - Bearded Dragon
- 10 months old (may 2013) . love her to pieces!
My favorite game(s)
Lego Starwars and Lego Lord of the Rings...
My favorite book(s)
anything by Neil Gaiman, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, George R. R Martin, Molly Harper, Jeanine Frost, John Green,
My favorite character(s)
- Will Turner, Tia Dalma & Jack Sparrow - Pirates movies
- Alice in Wonderland & The Mad Hatter
- Jace Lightwood - Mortal Instruments
- Kaye Fierch and Rath Roiben Rye - Tithe
My favorite movies(s)
Pirates of the Caribbean, Stardust, Twilight, Alice in Wonderland, Lord of the Rings, The Little Mermaid, How to Train Your Dragon, Hercules, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty