What got you into cosplay?
I've always loved wearing costumes. It was MAKING them that presented the problem, but I'm very limited by poor skills and a low budget. I hope to become better in the future, though.
What was your first costume and why?
Mirai Gohan from the Dragon Ball Z special, "The History of Trunks." I wanted to do something that was relatively simple and was short-haired, since I don't know how to do wigs and my hair doesn't really grow.
What is your favorite costume and why?
Onizuka Eikichi and Urashima Keitaro. Nobody ever really seems to get them, but they make for great pictures...especially Keitaro.
But on the other hand, I LOVE acting like Takashi does in GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka.
Do you have a dream costume you'd like to make?
1) Not so much a dream costume as much as a dream character - Eikichi Onizuka. One of my top cosplaying goals is to cosplay in every single outfit that Onizuka wears throughout the entire series of GTO(but not necessarily in order).
2) Favorite superhero #1: Kevin Keane/Captain N from Captain N: The Game Master - my first major landmark in geekdom. Since seeing that series, I have never NOT wanted to be Captain N or a Captain N-like character.
3) Favorite superhero #2: Virgil O. Hawkins/Static, preferrably the second costume from Static Shock, since it's my favorite of the 3 outfits - Comic Static, SS costume #1(also seen in SS#1-4:Rebirth of the Cool) & SS costume #2.
4) And for Honorable Mention since it's an underlying goal in some of my choices, pretty much anything that will get me legions of fangirls.
What has been your most memorable cosplay experience?
Definitely Keitaro. When I'm cosplaying as him, I make it a mission to "earn band-aids" and one girl actually let me grab her boob. That picture made me wish I'd brought some of those big gauze pads.
Do you participate in masquerades?
I just did for the first time at Youmacon 2006, but I didn't win anything, unfortunately. I also came up with an idea for a skit that involves my League of Extraordinary Erosennin and requires a Jiraiya, Mutenroshi, Happosai, Tsunade, Yoruichi, [Female] Ranma, and perhaps Keitaro.
What was your best masquerade experience?
For my first ever walk-on at Youmacon, I re-enacted the entire destruction of CS2 Tayuya(sans weasel) by from whipping open my fan, calling out the jutsu, doing one big wave with it, closing it up(as smoothly & quickly as you can a 6ft fan), and ending it by turning around to look at the crowd as I left & grinned widely.
I'm glad to say that since most of the crowd had seen that scene before, there were lots of cheers when I grinned, and a decent amount of "ooooh"s when I opened my fan.
Have you won any awards for your costumes?
Not yet, but one day, I hope to.
Tell us a little about yourself
I'm just a hard worker.
My favorite anime
Great Teacher Onizuka, Golden Boy: Wandering Student, Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, Colorful, and Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World.
My favorite character(s)
- Kazuo Kiriyama, Hiroki Sugimura, Mitsuko Souma (Battle Royale)
- Kiichi Fujimoto, Noboru Yamaguchi (Cromartie High School)
- Mutenroshi (Dragon Ball)
- Pikkon, [Mirai]Trunks Briefs, Kuririn (Dragon Ball Z)
- Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka)
- Hisoka, Killua Zaoldyeck (Hunter X Hunter)
- Jiraiya, Rock Lee (Naruto)
- Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Figure Four (Battle Angel Alita)
- Kevin Keene/Captain N (Captain N: The Game Master)
- Static (Static/Static Shock)
- Gear, Adult Static, Anansi the Spider (Static Shock)
- Incronkable Crunk, E-Mail (Power Puff Girls/Dexter's Lab)
- L (Death Note)
My favorite movies(s)
The 5th Element and Josie & the Pussycats