Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details
Excuse my capital letters, s'il vous plait. But, but, SOMEONE got a picture of (most of) the backplate! It's the ONLY picture I've found. Thank you v. much Mr. Laura's Dad for sending me this picture of Jo, unsuspecting, and having it end up being perfect!!
The lovely backwards backplate model is my dear friend Jo/Alex/Isaak/whatever she currently wants to be called, which changes approximately every .000005 seconds. xD
So, tech specs. The wings are ultimate fail, but I didn't know just -how- fail they were until Wednesday before the con, so I didn't have time to fix them (whoops. xP). The large poky bits are dowel rods with wooden triangles wood-glued into the ends, and even though it was heavy, I'm SO GLAD it was wood because if I'd used insulation foam (like I did for Baphy's head) they never would have survived the con.
I realize that Baphy's antlers are too-too big--and that became unpleasantly apparent when this went into the trunk of my car and one first one, then the other antler snapped off in quick succession. xP At least it survived the trip down, and the actual day of the con.
He was completely painted in white house paint before I spraypainted the antlers and then (poorly) painted on the eyes and star of David.
Ziptied to the bottom is another plate, and that's got snakes wound around a cross-thing--the design was made from craft foam.
The gold plates were made from foamcore. The plates and dowels were spraypainted with 'Hammered Gold' Rustoleum.
Hidden beneath that shoulder armor is a pair of electrical conduit pipes, flattened and covered with white duct tape. I riveted the armor to the pipes, and screwed the other end of the pipes to a piece of wood that the dowels radiated from and that the top foamcore was Gorilla-Glued to. ^_^
Copyright 2002-2017 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.