I dont normally upload my own cosplay photos or WIP photos but I believe this is worthy of being uploaded here as recently I felt like jumping onto far more challenging cosplays for my own and simply working on Trinity Blood (my first was Radu and Ion) and then I decided to jump onto Queen Esther >3 and I felt like I got a major level up lol. Yes the gown is a very full skirt and it does have another skirt under that (the red underskirt) isnt visible in the photo since I havent hemmed up or cut the hoops into the top skirt, nor have I finished adding the trimmings, lacing and beading and painting as well. Theres so many more things thats needed to be done here but I'm happy with the progress thus far as most of the sewing is done >3
And before anyone decides to chew me out in the inaccuracy of my fabric choice, its artistic liberties and normally I would go for a far more commonly used bridal satin or brocade as most of other cosplayers have gone for, I'm working on a more limited budget as a means to challenge myself and I found this wonderful fabric in several yards sitting in my grandma's fabric bin that she no longer desires to use. So I decided to take it up and use for my Esther cosplay and decided to paint the already printed fabric a color of silver and reds to match her color scheme for the dress. It adds alittle bit more texture and design as opposed to the more plain white bridal satin and giant roses painted across from it.
Maybe someday when I have the actual fundings I might attempt to do a far more accurate version of her outfit.
but here is a progress thus far! I'm so excited to wear this to Mikomicon this year and please cheer for me as it would be my 2nd time competing but my 1st time actually competing as a solo craftsman >D
[I broke my scanner XD]
ripvanwinkle82 posted on 02-06-2008 at 03:02 PM:
It's getting along very good ^^
Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.