This piece is still not completed, but this is what I have thus far. I started off with a pair of shinguards that had an uncanny similarity in shape to Iria's armguard. Following the curve of the plastic, I used wirecutters to clip them down to get the more narrow back end. I trimmed the foam layer, even detached and reattached segments as needed. Loosely following www.bioweapons.com I made the upside down cup segment out of hot glue. I started off with a styrofoam bowl, cut as needed, and covered it with clay. I made a plaster mold of that and filled it with hot glue. I used wire for the ridge detail. The knobs are made of wood pieces found in my local craft store that were glued together and painted. The trim is soft vinyl tubing from the plumbing department in a hardware store sanded down to strip the slippery surface(so the paint can stick). I then inserted the same wire into the entire length of tubing, shaped as needed, and glued it down to the edges with two part epoxy. I still have some tube details left and of course this is all getting another few coats of paint as well as straps for my arms before this can be called done.
dst posted on 07-20-2008 at 07:10 PM:
Wow, an Iria costume. I'll be watching this closely.
Copyright 2002-2015 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.