Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details
Finished the Flower Cannon after going through 2 designs (one yesterday and one today). The left is the old version which was a lot smaller and easy to tuck away. The right is the second version which is a whole lot larger, almost the size of the top half of my body.
The first version was made out of cotton for the petals, cardboard for the barrel, and jeweler's wire to keep the petals up. This was more of a testing version to make sure technical aspects worked.
The second version has much larger petals made of satin, matte side up. The barrel has a wire frame that was paper mached before being painted. The black in the middle is scraps of fabric that sits about halfway down.
Yes, the flower does close. I made the barrel on the second one to allow a hand to hide. Using a pulley system in the barrel, the petals open and close.
Posting another progress before wearing the whole getup out. I can't wait for the reaction from convention goers. The two Lillymon's that I have found with the cannon made it immobile. This one moves!
Copyright 2002-2017 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.