So...this is definitely the shittiest thing I've ever put together, and that's really saying something considering my construction skills are next to 0. The shorts ended up being too short, which is accurate to Kallen's grasshopper legs but not at all how I intended them to be ;_;, and then of course the suit itself is a bit wonky. I gotta add the collar and then it'll be finished thank goodness...I made the majority of this last spring already but just never got around to finishing it because I was disappointed. (I finished up the piping on it since these pics were taken.) I gotta finish the stirrup thigh highs as well. As much as I love Kallen, I don't want to remake this because it may turn out even worse so I'm just going to run with it. Definitely above my sewing skill level, I am awful with bodysuit type things I guess. I made the body part out of non-stretch corduroy (which was my biggest mistake I suppose), but I always thought corduroy would look really badass on this costume and I've always wanted to use the material on something. I didn't want to copy what others had done with stretch microfiber, but in retrospect copying would be better than completely ill-fitting/barely wearable.
Nightlotus posted on 02-20-2011 at 12:05 PM:
You shouldn't have a list of what's wrong with it. It looks great, so be proud! The thing is we all notice the mistakes in our own costumes that other people can't even see! ^^
Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.