Suit thus far. On track for SacAnime 11.
- Whole suit is held together with hot glue because I can't sew :P
- Base suit is a black Starter compression tee, red Starter compression tee (sleeves lopped off), and black tights.
- R symbol, yellow tabs on shirt are craft foam.
- Cape is a polyester type fabric, slick and reflective on the outside, yellow is a thin twill or cotton.
- Belt is craft foam and 4 yellow cell phone pouches I happened to find at the dollar store, haha. Super cheap, but it gets the job done, AND it serves a practical convention use (wallet, keys, phone, camera).
- Black gloves come from a previous Green lantern cosplay.
- Birdarang is made of 2 old AOL trial CDs sandwiched between 2 discs of red craft foam. Dremel used for the circular cut outs. I plan to make at least 3.
- Add grey details to gloves (forearms, top of hand, top of knuckles). Possibly add retractable USB cord to one glove, like in the show.
- Find jika-tabi (split toe ninja boots) and mod to Robin's boots. If I can't find them in time, find cheap swim shoes and fake it (see my MGS4 Raiden cosplay)
- Remake current mask; not as wide, smaller eye holes. Get black facepaint/eye makeup.
Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.