This is the second choli I've made for my sarees. The saree itself I made from fabric from Jo-ann's actually. I bought 6 1/2 yards of the fabric you see here. I hemmed up six yards of it, and used it at Halloween. I wore a random blue top I had, but that was sub-optimal, so I finally got around to making a matching top with the half a yard of extra fabric that was sitting around. It's the same pattern as the other one, so it's got issues with the stress in the back, and the kneckline bows out. But I changed the way it closes in back so that the stress will be distributed better (I think). One day I'll get a better pattern or change this one. Costume is for a Larp character. Yeah no makeup or jewelry in this pic :P
lilacwire posted on 04-06-2005 at 05:18 PM:
I love the colors - it looks beautiful!