It may be possible to use epoxy to fill in some of the bad lines and re-sand it down smoother and then dremel it (to eliminate some of the little bits that like to hang out). I've done that before but again I am using styrene. I am not sure how foam would work with that technique.
One of the main reasons why I stopped using foam was how the edges turned out. I found that electrical tape helped me a bit with this as well (plus it takes well to painting), but I never put the effort to salvage the foam version of my N7 armor with this, so I couldn't say if it would work all the way, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a try on a test piece to see if the results are good for you.
|Mekarah replied on 05-21-2012 at 04:33 PM:|
Thank you, I was thinking that myself. I'll do some testing It has to be shellac'd and painted anyway so lots of stuff can hopefully be hidden away (like all of the burns - whoops)
I'm making my N7 armor out of styrene, as such I cut up all pieces as individual pieces, and then attach them with a small strip between the gaps. With that I was able to get straight sharp lines without having to dremel it.
This might also work for the material you're using as well (I gave up on foam).
|Mekarah replied on 05-21-2012 at 04:03 PM:|
Ah...yeah I can see where that might be easier for the lines for sure. Might have to consider it for some parts, though at this point, apart from the dremeling, working with it in larger pieces is going well. Thanks for the tip!