This this was a nightmare to make. I made 2 latex molds, both ended up getting destroyed; one by the failed polyester resin (I forgot to add extra catalyst and seal the side that was exposed to open air), and the other one got torn up when I removed this casting from the latex mold. I ditched the polyester resin for Amazing (brand) casting resin because I'm familiar with it, but it generated too much heat so this casting is FULL of air bubbles and disfigurements. When I get more money, I'm just going to get more of the Amazing brand mold putty stuff because it worked like a charm on my first insignia.
I'll keep this as a back up in case any future and better ones break.
But after all this wasted money and failed attempts, I think I'm just going to not use chemicals ever again. It's frustrating.
Kounya posted on 07-19-2014 at 10:48 PM:
Holy crap :ccc despite all that hard work this one turned out AMAZING!