1. I was able to purchase pretty much all of the fabric for my skirts on an incredible sale, as well as the thread!
2. I had bought this brown/gold charmeuse because it was the perfect color, but once I got home and looked at my photo with it, I decided that the back of the fabric suited the look much better. The shiny side was just too shiny!
3. Here the skirt is cut into two pieces: the long, thin strip is the "border" of the skirt, which will have teal trim around the outside and connecting it to the main piece of the skirt.
4. Cutting and ironing the trim...tedious, but fun!
5. Sewing on the trim, FINALLY! My bobbin thread decided to mess up along the way...but I managed to save everything.