I ‘finished’ this early last month, but have been debating whether or not to upload it here because I am not satisfied. The spearhead is just, no. I had five weeks worth of Winter Vacation and waited until the week before I went back to college to start this; therefore, I was super rushed and was stupid and didn't sand the clay that I applied over foam.
I won't be able to work on this anymore until May, so I figured I'd at least show what I HAVE. As for fixing the spearhead, I'm obviously going to sand the clay down, narrow the edges to make it look sharper and repaint.
The hardest part was probably the feathers, though. It doesn’t seem like they would be, but compared to everything else it was! Maybe I was doing it wrong…I didn’t want to glue anything ust in case I’d want to add more or re-do something. So at first I used some wet leather, which as it dried helped hold it into place. Then I used leather lace to wrap around the leather strip about twenty times. It’s holding pretty well; nothing shakes and it’s super tight. I need to paint the beads red and black.
The end piece: In the game, it looks like it’s actually carved out of the shaft - both the knob and the spiral design…there’s no way I could ever do that in the time I had or the skill I current possess, so I just used a stair railing. :3 My step-dad cut out the little cylinder from a railing piece and attached it with a screw. I then stained it and added leather to hid the seam and add the 'spiral'-ish design.
Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.