Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details
Commission: Princess Peach
This is a commission I made of Princess Peach from Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The commission was completed August, 2012 and was my biggest commission to date as well as one of the biggest projects I have ever taken on. Commission included bodice piece, bottom tier skirt, top skirt with embroidered design, and pedlums piece (or as the client and I called them, "hip drapes"). Client provided her own gloves, crown, and resin gem.
The dress is made of high quality satin I found at G-Street Fabrics. The lace on the upper skirt I found at a small independent-runned fabric store called "Sarah's" after many days of searching for just the right lace. The eyelet lace at the bottom of the underskirt, which you can see a close-up of in the 2nd photo on the bottom row was made by me because I couldn't find an eyelet lace that was wide enough with a close enough design. I made it by embroidering the design by machine (each section individually made and had to be lined up exactly right) on a long piece of cotton and cutting out the eyelets myself by hand. This was extremely time consuming and I'm not fond of ever having to make that much eyelet again.
The design on the top skirt and the bodice was all embroidered by machine after I drew it out and then vectored it on the computer. The hoop on the embroidery machine is only so big so I had to divide it into sections and carefully match each one up. This took about a week just to do the embroidery on the skirt. The very bottom darker pink section of the underskirt also has an embroidered design on it, done with the same method though nowhere as difficult. The gathered middle section of the bodice was made of a thin polyester fabric and actually hangs over the top skirt (though its hard to see with the pedlums in the way). Then the pedlums attach over the bodice in order to get the correct look of the source images. I added tulle to the inside of the pedlums in order to make them "poof" to the side more.
This was my very first ballgown dress and I'm quite proud of it though I do wish I had more time to work on it. Due to my own bad judgement on time, I ended up with only a month to collect the materials and construct the costume and I barely got it done in time. As a result, there are parts that I wasn't quite able to get to how I wanted but overall both I and the client were happy with the outcome.
ToroSonyCat posted on 02-21-2013 at 01:10 PM:
Absolutely gorgeous, I love the details!
Copyright 2002-2017 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.