Second update~! Before I'm off to a convention this weekend~ :)
Sorry for lack of pictures, I've just been rushing to get the entire costume done the past 3 days. I didn't have time to document anything properly, so here's randomness! My design stems from my booklet in Pokémon Yellow, the images are very small, so accuracy could have taken a hit, especially since some parts look different in every image. :/ This is also the very first time I tried using my sewing machine to do a border! I think it's called appliqué? I'm not entirely sure, but I've seen it on other costumes, and it looked really nice. My lines are bumpy (rushing is not your friend, but sometimes can't be helped), though this was a great trial, and I'm curious to use it again in the future.
Total cost was about 10$, I had to buy another red shirt since I don't have anymore. D: Took about 2-3 days to complete, I'm very slow at hand stitching, and I'm terrible with fabric in general.
The great thing about Trainer Red though, is that he has multiple different versions, and outfits. So you can't really go wrong. This is for my Pokédex project starting this year, so if you have a costume of one of the original #151 Pokémon (including Gijinkas), and would like some photography done, come say hello~ :)