When it came to making the bell, it seemed like most people used a real bell and worked off of it. SSince I thought this would be easier and give the necklace a real jingle and potentially look nicer, I wanted to do this as well. Apparently small bells don't exist where I live so I ended up having to make the whole thing myself out of clay.
The first bell I made was made completely of clay with the one exception of a small piece of spiral notebook wire down the middle to make the "dingly" part. I then thought "Hey, why not make a wire frame and build around it?" Well that was the worst idea ever and I ended up making it look terrible. Not wanting to start completely over, I took the wires that I had placed out, aside from the "dingly" wire and rebuilt the top of the bell. I used a simple eyelet as the piece to attach it to the string and covered it in clay, removing the small amount that blocked the string from going through the eyelet.
It was actually a bit hard trying to make the top of the bell. i was very worried it would break!
When it came to baking the clay I made sure to stick it in the oven for a good amount of time. I stuck a small folded up piece of paper at the top between the legs to help keep them proped up. In the end they flattened a little but my bell necklace still came out looking wonderful!
Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.