View Single Post
Unread 08-22-2005, 02:03 AM   #4
KomoriChu
~Neopet Fursuiter~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
You've hit on an important topic. The thing is, nobody knows. Ask ten conventions what "Journeyman" and "Professional" mean, and you'll get ten answers. The anime convention circuit (in the US at least) seriously needs to come up with a set of judging standards quickly that all conventions can sign off on, otherwise masquerades will continue to become nothing more than a way to keep a couple thousand people occupied on a Saturday night with something to do until the J-Rock concert is set up.
So nothing's set in stone? Oh, that's good. Squall's answer just kinda' confounded me more. ^^;;

My sis was just concerned because she didn't want to be unfair to other competitors by entering in the wrong category. We entered Novice because she had only won 2nd at an anime con and 1st at a game con. But I and my mom were also in the group, and I had only won 2nd at a game con, and my mom had won nothing. I thought maybe only 1st place awards counted, and the group's average of ranking, so I figured we should be in Novice. Should we have been in Journeyman, to be fair to people with no awards?