View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2006, 01:28 AM   #12
Feral

I'm just saying that, it is my understanding, you cannot use Geocities to sell things. It's free hosting for personal me-me or hobby sites, and the company offers other hosting packages allowed for selling, which usually cost a monthly fee. When you sign up for the free service, you agree that you will not use it to create a commercial site... to do otherwise is to scam Geocities. So if you really want to get rid of the scammer, just send them a tip :P

And I should also reiterate, I didn't mean that just because someone uses a free site they're a scammer, but I guess it came out wrong. What I meant to say is that not a lot of people pay money to steal money (sans maybe professional phishers and the like), and those who have made an investment are more likely to be taking to be taking their business seriously. I feel much more comfortable sending money to a professional looking site (for any type of product) than one that is cluttered with popups and advertisement banners because they're using a free service like Geocities, which is the only host in question here. So no need to chew me out. Those are just things I look for as a consumer.

I seem to have taken this off-topic, so I won't respond again, but thanks for warning us, Ann.