It works like a charm, here's how you do it! (My Michiru / Sailor Neptune wig in my gallery was dyed with Sharpies)
What you need:
1. 32oz bottle of %70 rubbing alchol
2. 5+ sharpies (the more sharpies, the darker the color)
3. A Spray Bottle
4. An Old Soda Bottle or Container to mix the dye
1. Break the sharpie to get the ink filler.
2. Cut the ink filler down the side with an exacto knife (reccommended, I've tried scrissors and you can sometimes lose a lot of dye)
1. Pour half the alchohol in the soda bottle and keep the rest of it in the original alchohol bottle.
2. Place the split ink fillers into the alchohol bottle, secure the cap, and shake a lot!
3. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, shake again, and then let it sit again.
4. Pour the dye into a storage container and then put the still clear alchohol into the bottle you used to mix the dye. If any ink fillers fall
out while you are emptying the dye, pick them up and put them into
the still clear alchohol.
5. Repeat the whole setting and shaking process.
6. Put the dye into a common container and shake it up to mix everything.
Applying to wig:
1. Make sure the wig is clean and ready to be dyed.
2. Make sure you are able to dye the wig you bought, some won't. If you
do not know I reccommend asking the person who sold it to you.
3. Use a fine tooth comb and a spray bottle.
4. Spray the dye and comb it through the wig.
Once you have the dye in the wig, let it settle and then rinse it until all of
the excess color runs out of it. If you wish you can repeat the process.
Do not forget to do a test patch before dying the entire wig. To get the dye
out of the wig you can use %91 alchohol. However, only use %70 alchohol
for the dye because anything more powerful may just dissolve the color. PM me if you have any questions.