View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #53
Enchurito
Pantaloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami Yokai
Hello, I am going to be starting a Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Link cosplay. Master sword and Hylian shield version. Although some thing puzzle me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...g?t=1165339103
The bracers on both of his arms look like wrought(sp?) iron to me, am I wrong?
For the Bracers I had planned to take 3/16'' foam, making it the right shape so as to wrap around my arms then either cover in a grayish vinyl or paint or the foam itself. Would this be a good idea? Also, the leather-like bracer on the left arm. I was told by Amethyst-Angel to make this from a much thinner foam, and given a simple tutorial. Seems easy. except would I go about making it form to my forearm in one area to not form to the next? All criticism is appreciated!
After looking at the art and playing the actual game I would definatly say that they are leather arm wraps made of a softer leather then one arm has a very hard leather bracer straped over that. The way me and my roommate made my leather bracer was I took cardboard and cut it into the rough shape I wanted bent it around my arm and kep cutting it and cutting it till it was the right size and shape. He then took cow leather and cut out two copies of the cardboard shape slightly larger than we needed to. I then got the leather wet, and bent it around my arm's shape and held it there till it was formed to that shape. We then got a pipe to lay it over all night for it to dry out. He then stabbed four holes in the bottom layer of the two leather layers (and only the bottom one). He then riveted on two straps to hold it to my arm that we had measured out beforehand. Then taking the top layer we slathered leather glue (esentially a version of rubber cemet we bought at the same store as the leather) on it and the bottom layer and stuck them together. I then held it that way pretty tightly for about 10 minutes till it was pretty well stuck togheter. I then drapped it back over the pipe and waited for it to dry. My roommate then etched the designs on the top with a leather etching tool. Then after that was all done we applied leather stain to it and then trimmed the edges and put edge coat over them to hide the seam of the two layers.

Last edited by Enchurito : 12-07-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Enchurito is offline   Reply With Quote