View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2007, 11:36 PM   #70
livvylove
. Loving Life .

Name of Commissioner Yume no Tenshi
Website/C.com gallery http://www.yumenotenshi.net/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Chidori's winter school uniform
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item I never wore it to a convention so I don't have any with it on. http://www.yumenotenshi.net/chidoricos.html these are the ones she showed me
Timeline (how long your order took to process)It took a couple of months

Describe your Experience.
Pros: I got progress photos and ended up only paying for the fabric. She was very understanding and was never rude.
Cons: The communication was great at times and pretty poor at times. I got progress photos that looked great and even in the pictures the outfit looks amazing but when put on a human it just fit all wrong. With the measurements I gave the skirt ended up being so small but then the Jacket was huge. She offered to fix it but after a month she sent it back with a check saying she couldn't do it without remaking it. The skirt was made out of a fabric that doesn't pleat at all so she had to top stitch the pleats. She used snaps instead of buttons for a uniform skirt as well so that seemed very cheap, I figured with that kind of skirt it would have buttons. The Jacket looked great but was made for a much larger person because the armholes and the jacket was so baggy that even with an undershirt it was huge. I didn't understand how from the same measurements the skirt was so tight and too small and the jacket was so huge around the waist and well everywhere. It fit really bad.

Comments: Although she was nice I thought she had more skills at making uniforms then what I received. It looked great in the photos but not so great in person. I never got to use the costume as well.
Final Grade: D

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote