View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #88
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Name of Commissioner: Rain Miko
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.chibifiedcosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Two skirts - one for my Osaka Summer Uniform from 'Azumanga Daioh' and one for my Enma Ai from 'Jigoku Shoujo' outfit.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (To be updated)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): I ordered and paid in full December with a deadline of May for the skirts to be finished.

Describe your Experience.
Pros: To start with, she was very nice and polite in all her emails and PMs. Very quick with them too, I don't think one of my messages ever went more than 2 days without a reply, if that long. There was a little mix up at the beginning but it was ironed out very quickly. She even sent me fabric samples from the two skirts so I could match colors on trim and such. The contract is also a very nice touch.

Cons: I'm not sure what happened towards the end but it's all fallen apart. Her communication is pretty much non-existent. She's turned to stalling tactics as well. She stated to me that my skirts were almost done and would be shipped out the weekend of April 10th. It's almost two weeks later and I've still not received my skirts. I'm particularly mad at this because everything else is complete and finished besides recieving these two skirts - and THAT could end up with me not being able to wear either costume, since technically that leaves them half-complete.

Update: It's now a full week after my convention. In the end, I made the skirts myself the week before the convention when it became apparent I wouldn't be getting hers. I have had NO communication from Rain Miko since her last PM before April 10th. I am now resorting to PMs daily/emails daily. I don't wish to harass the girl but I DO want my money back, seeing as how I no longer need her skirts at all.

Comments: Really, I gave her the benefit of the doubt previously. She stated she was ill and I fully believed that was causing her to lag in commissions. Now? I think it was a convenient excuse for her to half-ass after she got herself surrounded by more commissions than her time-schedule could handle. At this point, a little over two weeks from the convention, I have no choice but to either find adequate alternate skirts or use the time I WAS going to use to relax to make my own. And this pisses me off a WHOLE lot.

Final Grade: F. STAY. AWAY. It's a VERY good thing she's no longer accepting commissions. Before I was merely worried. Now I'm angry.

Last edited by PepeluTivursky : 05-22-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Further developments
PepeluTivursky is offline   Reply With Quote