View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #90
D-holla-J
Melodious Nocturne

Name of Commissioner: Rain Miko

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.chibifiedcosplay.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): 1st commission - Reno wig, Demyx wig
2nd commission - Edward Elric, full costume and wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Reno Wig - http://www.chibifiedcosplay.com/renowig.htm
Demyx Wig - http://www.chibifiedcosplay.com/demyxwig.htm
Edward Elric Wig - http://www.chibifiedcosplay.com/edelricwig.htm
Edward Elric Costume - No picture yet.

Timeline (how long your order took to process) - 1st order took approximately 2-3 months, from ordering till items were recieved.
2nd order was placed in November and is still ongoing.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

1st commission:

Pros: The contract is a nice touch, every communication was fast and courteous, and the quality of the product was excellent for the price, as well. Generally an A grade transaction.

Cons: No big cons.

2nd commission:

Pros: She claims that she will be sending a partial refund with the costume, when it arrives. I may change the grade slightly later on if this happens.

Cons: Communication has been nearly nonexistant, and all of it has been initiated by me. The costume was supposed to be for a convention in mid-March, and it still has not been recieved. She gave no explanation for the delay until I contacted her in mid-February, when the costume was supposed to arrive, when she said the costume was done and she'd tried to send it out weeks before and it got returned to her days after. Despite this, she had not yet tried to resend it. She promised again that she'd ship the costume and wig, but that was nearly two months ago, and I still haven't recieved it. Communication has completely degenerated into nothing. The percentages on her website have completely frozen, and are never updated anymore, so they're completely useless. She says that she is ill, but this illness is obviously affecting her ability to run a business to the point where I'm not sure when I'll be getting the costume. Also, we agreed on a photo update schedule of every other week- I only recieved one progress picture for the wig, when I requested it, and one progress picture of the costume itself, also at my request, as opposed to our contracted schedule.

Final Grade: C+, an average between the A for the first transaction, and the D I'd give her for the second on its own thus far. Unfortunately, this is an excellent commissioner who I was loyal to but won't be commissioning from again, or recommending to anyone else. She's such a sweet girl, I feel so bad, but I feel that this chain of events is completely ridiculous when I've paid for a service and signed a contract. Even if she is ill, it doesn't take that long to give the occassional email update to people whom you have an active contract with.

Edit: I recieved the costume from her (even though I never even recieved a notice that she'd sent it). There was no partial refund as promised for all the trouble. The package was too large for the items, so they shifted a lot during shipping, and the wig needs a few repairs because of that. The costume quality is fine, though she missed a few details that I'd asked for, but the belt she made is simply irrepairable. It's made out of some kind of thick, shiny fabric, and held together only by hot glue, so when I picked it up to inspect it a piece was already falling off, and hot glue strings were all over it.

Because of the continued lack of communication, the mediocre quality of parts of the costume, the lack of attention to detail, and the promise of a partial refund that was never recieved, I'm lowering the grade to a D+.

She's presently shutting down her commission business and won't be taking further commissions, but I figured I'd change my grade in case she ever decided to start taking commissions again.

In Progress:
Draenei Mage - World of Warcraft - 95% Completed
Fai D. Flowrite - Tsubasa - 70% Completed

Last edited by D-holla-J : 04-24-2007 at 03:42 PM.
D-holla-J is offline   Reply With Quote