View Single Post
Unread 05-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #151
Marika

Name of Commissioner: Rain Miko
Website/C.com gallery: www.chibifiedcosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Curse Seal LV2 Sasuke (Naruto) - wig only
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None
Timeline (how long your order took to process): First payment sent/received in October with a deadline of mid-May (she put it at May 16).

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: This was the first thing I ever commissioned as I was afraid to attempt the wig on my own. Initailly, everything started out good. Communication was good, and because I know I don't like to be bothered left and right while I'm working on things, I opted not to ask her for progress shots or email often asking about it. Now, I wish I had.

Last email I received was dated 4/2/2007: "Just to let you know, I got your final payment in! And I just got my camera back today (I left it at a friends house and it had to be shipped back). So you should be receiving pictures shortly." The final payment was the last $40 for labour & shipping.

Those pictures never came (hence why I have none). And as it's now May 24th, it's safe to say that the deadline was missed completely. In the initial email, I made it a point to say "mid-May of 2007 (in time for A-Kon, June 1-3) ".

Yes, I understand there's issues in everyone's lives. However, is it REALLY that hard to shoot someone a quick email to say "Just letting you know I'm running late with commissions" or "Shipped piece out on X date, should be received within X days"?

I sent an email on May 22, asking about the status of the piece and haven't heard back. Actually, I've heard nothing at all since that last email from her on April 2.

Considering that this was my first commission, I'm relatively distrustful by nature, and I scraped to get the money together to have it done ($168 is a school loan payment for me), it makes me really leery of commissioning things in the future.

Final Grade: D. Depending on whether or not I receive the piece, this is subject to change.
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote