View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #190
yunikomiyazawa
Angel Trainee

Name of Commissioner: Obscured Reality
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.obscuredreality.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Altered Invader Zim costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never received the costume.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Started Feb. 2007
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

In mid-February I commissioned an Invader Zim costume from Obscured Reality. They assured me I would have my costume by Anime Central. We discussed a price quote and I sent my money on via paypal.

Periodically, I asked about my costume and I was told everything was going fine. A week before Anime Central (which was in mid-May) I was told that my costume would not be ready in time. Why? Apparently the main seamstress was having family issues and had to move unexpectedly. When I asked why it wasnít done already the response was that they thought it would be easy enough to do in a week but now with the main seamstress unable to work on it, it would not get finished.

OR then offered to finish the costume up for A-kon (June 1st). They promised again that it would be ready for A-kon. I agreed because I really wanted the costume. After Anime Central I was informed that the main seamstress and the guy in charge of OR had some kind of argument/fight at Anime Central so OR didnít know what was going to happen with my costume. They finally decided they wouldnít be able to get it done for A-kon either and they would refund my money.

When I asked when I would receive my refund, OR told me that they didnít know when because somehow (and they really had no clue why) they had overdrawn $500 while at Anime Central. They assured me they would get my money to me as soon as possible. Somehow, with all of the false promises they have given me so far, I sincerely doubt it.

So, moral of the story is:

DO NOT USE OBSCURED REALITY, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Final Grade: F-
yunikomiyazawa is offline   Reply With Quote