lapseof__reason
mo money = mo cosplay

Name of Commissioner: nugrosjp

Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplay1.com

Character commissioned: Rena Ryugu from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...shi-manga1.jpg

Items commissioned: Dress, hat, wristbands

Link to picture: Will update with these asap

Timeline: First contacted them around the beginning of June, received the costume this morning.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
During the entire commissioning process I was extremely nervous. Mostly because this is my first commissioned costume EVER for my first cosplay EVER for my first con EVER. xD I was getting quotes from a bunch of different sites, and his had gotten back to me extremely fast saying he could get to work on it right away and have it done by my deadline of July 9th (I'm wearing it for Otakon).

Pros; Excellent work. The quality of just everything is amazing. The dress is made of a sturdy fabric (I'm not fabric savy, I wouldn't know) and fully lined with something...silky (satin? I don't know. xD ) The bows (which I though would have been done in satin or something) are beautifully done, and they came up with an ingenious way for back bow to stay up instead of drooping over. The wristbands definitely surprised me. They're AMAZING quality, I honestly was expecting just two pieces of cloth sewed together to make a circle. As for fitting, it does fit well, it's actually a little bit loose in some places, but I'm almost one hundred percent positive it was my fault. I used pretty uh "primitive" methods to measure myself.

Cons; I only have on problem with the whole commission, and that's the hat. If you look at the reference picture, the hat is all white with a strip of black separating the two halves of white. On the hat I got however, the part under the black line is blue, not white. I'm really not sure where they got that it was blue from but...eh. Life goes on!

Final Grade: A-
ღ mami tomoe - pmmm
ღ genderbent!cecil palmer - wtnv
lapseof__reason is offline   Reply With Quote