View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #293
Mokuba
Squishy

Name of Commissioner: Obscured Reality
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.obscuredreality.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Black Mage Arc from FF3 (just the robe)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I never got it
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Started Jan '07
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I asked them if they could make Arc's black mage robe, which was in 3 parts, around early Jan. I was given the approval after sending in my measurements and payment (via money order).

On March, I asked for progress reports on my costume and they said that they'll be done by AnimeNEXT (which is when I needed it). I sent numerous emails regarding its progress every month and everytime they replied, they said it would be done. By May, I received a reply from them saying that they mistakenly placed my name under an order for an Org XIII coat. They apologized for the mix up and promised to get my costume done prior to July 6.

By the fourth week of June, I was beginning to worry why my costume haven't arrived yet. I sent an email about it and found out that one of the members of OR "disappeared,
and with him having all of our projects PLUS the sewing machine and serger, i haven't been able to work on anything since the end of may
". I then asked whether or not any commissions have been halted and have not heard from them since.

It's been 2 weeks since AnimeNEXT and I haven't received any word from them. I sent them an email about a week ago and still nothing. Geh. $200 lost on nothing. Never buy from Obscured Reality!

Final Grade: F-

Anime Boston Dealers Security: 2010-2011
Otakon DRLP: 2009-2013
Mokuba is offline   Reply With Quote