View Single Post
Unread 11-10-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

The "Who Do I Look Like?" / "Who Should I Cosplay?" Thread

While the stickied thread here has some good tips for beginning cosplayers, many people like hearing specific ideas from their peers. Hence, the "Who do I look like?" thread was made.
I'm hereby making a new one that will hopefully be a bit more organized and official, as the old one could get messy, lots of people left behind, and many new users had their posts disappearing and not showing up until later. Here's hoping things will run more smoothly!

Rules are as follows:
1) Please try to refrain from posting yourself more than once. (This does not apply if you previously posted in the original thread!) Unless your look has drastically changed, or you suddenly decided you're willing to crossplay or try a wig when you weren't before, there's no reason to post yourself again. You are free to reference your previous post when giving ideas to others, but do not post later simply asking "Does anybody else have ideas for me?!" Replying to other's ideas for you will give your post more attention anyway, so don't fret! Posters are encouraged to scan the thread for users they might be able to give a good idea to, rather than worrying about only paying attention to the most recent poster.
Addendum: If you are posting yourself again just because you think you were ignored the first time, do NOT do it unless you are giving ideas to another user in the same post. Otherwise the idea of the thread is lost. Helping others will help you!

2) Don't post and complain that you're not getting enough ideas from people. This thread does not require anyone to reply to everyone else! Also, be nice to others and don't get mad at them for ideas you might not like, or anything else. Just be courteous.

3) Please don't post more than once in a row. You can give ideas to multiple people in the same post.

4) If your post doesn't show up right away, please just be patient and don't keep trying to repost. If you are a new user to Cosplay.com it may take a while for your post to show up, especially if you added links to photos of yourself. Please do NOT post it several times over attempting to get through. It IS going through, into our spam filter, and the moderators have to manually approve or delete every single one of them. So please remember that and be patient for us to catch up to your posts!!
Because of some posts taking a while to appear, users viewing the thread may want to look back to see if there's anyone they didn't see earlier that they might want to reply to. Just keep it in mind!

5) This thread is open to both new and seasoned cosplayers alike. Sometimes people get stuck and can't think of any costumes they could do. But most long-time cosplayers will tell you, the best ideas are what you come up with yourself since you'll be spending so much time, money, and effort on your costume. Keep this in mind!

When you post, it's good to add what you're looking for. Are you open to crossplay? Do you not want to wear a wig? Do you want a character similar to your height, or were you itching to try your new platform shoes? It'll help you get ideas that you'd actually want to have as a costume. Good luck!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD

Last edited by Michi : 04-08-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote