View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Schuldig_
Optical illusion

Lord of the Rings, anyone?

I've noticed that there are quite a few LotR cosplayers around, but no thread for them... so why not make one? I thought it could be fun to know a few things about you, such as:

1. Do you cosplay as certain characters from the book/the movies, or do you have an OC?
2. What got you into the fandom and when did you start cosplaying from it?
3. The movies - what do you think? Great inspiration or totally off?
4. Any particular race (Elf, Hobbit, Man...) you prefer cosplaying? Why?

Of course, we can talk about just anything else as well. It was just a suggestion. But to be a good sport, I'll go first.

1. I have my original character. She was born on a LotR forum which I sadly don't frequent anymore, and developed over the years. Her name is Ethuil, which is Sindarin for "spring", and she's a Vanya. Since there aren't really any Vanyar in Middle Earth, it's pretty easy to improvise her manners and outfits since no one can say anything about it. *g*
2. I've been a fan of the books since I was a child, but it wasn't until I, around the age of 20, learned about the various Tolkien societies that I started cosplaying, as most members made their own costume. I got lots of help from a friend and was hooked, and the interest for costuming slowly trickled into anime and manga as well.
3. I think, at least costume-wise (let's leave out the killing of Haldir and the addition of Arwen on Glorfindel's horse, shall we? ), that they are great inspiration. They have captured the individual traits of each race well, if you ask me.
4. I am an Elf, through and through. It mostly has to do with feeling more connected to them than any other race, plus, I love trees.

"Don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." (Crawford, courtesy of Aoe, in this case)
Schuldig_ is offline   Reply With Quote