View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
X_x_Vegan

1. Do you cosplay as certain characters from the book/the movies, or do you have an OC?

I've never cosplayed as any of the characters, but I've wanted to even before I knew what cosplaying was I've always wanted to be Luthien or Glorfindel (poor Glorfindel, always getting left out)

2. What got you into the fandom and when did you start cosplaying from it?

I think it was when I was when I was in the seventh grade that I first saw about 30 seconds of the film on TV, and walked away, about a year later, I read the books and LOVED THEM. I watched th movies soon after. I then read Unfinished Tales and The Silmarillion which quickly became, and still is, my favorite book, I must have litterally read it over one hundred times over the past few years O.O Seriously

My favorite story has to be Of Beren and Luthien It's so romantic, and I also love the stories about Numenor.

3. The movies - what do you think? Great inspiration or totally off?

Like others have said, costume-wise, the movies are great, and I realize that you can't make the movie exactly like the book or else it would have been 30 hours long (which I wouldn't have minded) but I still miss some parts from the book : ( but overall I still enjoy them. I really enjoy more of the history of middle-earth, pre LotR, then the actual movie plot, more interesting I think.

4. Any particular race (Elf, Hobbit, Man...) you prefer cosplaying? Why?

I've always like the elves more. Just their secrecy and the mystery around them make them interesting. Plus, most of the Silmarillion is about them.
X_x_Vegan is offline   Reply With Quote