View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
makotohanabi
Chuu?

1. Right now I'm working on a elf maiden costume, she doesn't have a name. I did borrow a friend's Coronation Eowyn costume at Dragon*Con last year.

2. My dad is a hardcore Tolkien fan and he read the storied to me and my sister when we were young. One of his happiest moments was being able to have a pint at Tolkien's favortie pub in Cambridge. My first time cosplaying was Dragon*Con when Yotan let me borrow her Eowyn costume so I could march in the parade. My elf costume has been planned for several years, but I wanted to make sure I had the skills to make it properly. LOtR is my dad's main fandom and I would get an earful if I messed it up. I'm hoping it will be complete for Balticon (Memorial Day weekend).

3. The movies are inspiration for the costumes only. I wanted to beat my head against the wall during the movies. Still annoyed they cut Tom Bobadil.

4. Think I will do another elf cosplay in the future since I have to buy the ears, and want to get my money's worth. Also like the elves I'm a lot older than I look. Thinking about Goldberry or Nellas for Costume Con next year. One of my friends has a Witch King costume, so I might make a Durnhelm costume.