View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #10
Enk
Keeper of the Ninja Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuldig_ View Post
I'd love to make a Goldberry costume! All the fun one could have just designing it! *salivates*

Funny, it seems like we're all Elves in here so far... Elves rock!
Yes they do, and they are tall too Though I have more of a hobbit figure, but a 6-foot hobbit, not so much

1. Do you cosplay as certain characters from the book/the movies, or do you have an OC?

I love Silmarillion elves, especially Feanorians. They are so beautifully tragic. I also have various incarnations of Yavanna and a green wizard that could very well be her in human form.

2. What got you into the fandom and when did you start cosplaying from it?

I've loved LotR since I read it the second time (the first time I had no appreciation for it because it was for school). From then on it was a slow gradual envelopment that was peaked by the films (hype and people crawling out of the woodworks).

3. The movies - what do you think? Great inspiration or totally off?

I love the movies like I love the books. They are telling the same story in two completely different ways and that is perfectly alright. Everything about the books was great and everything about the movies was great. It inspired a string of essays in my university career that compared the translation of a novel to a film/play with a script to a film/play.

4. Any particular race (Elf, Hobbit, Man...) you prefer cosplaying? Why?

Elves, particularly Silmarillion elves. They are a race of battle and passion and rawr unlike the elves of LotR who mostly just want to return across the sea. One of these days I do want to replicate one of Elrond's costumes from the movies though.
I tend to base my costumes more on artwork (Jenny Dolfen in particular) than the movies.